Power of PearlAll materials provided on TherapeuticReiki.com and the 'We Are One World Healing'-blog are provided for informational or educational purposes only and are not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for, professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment.
- The healing aspects and symbolic meanings of a pearl are numerous:
- Pearls have a soothing influence. Pearls are said to reduce over-sensitivity and promote peacefulness. They have a way of lifting our spirits.
- Pearls also bring out purity, honesty & integrity, plus feeling of beauty, dignity and calm. They both symbolize and stimulate femininity, feminine wisdom & charity. It is said that they are particularly in tune with pregnant women.
- Over time, pearl necklaces and the likes have become the symbol of purity, innocence and modesty. Therefore, pearls are often associated with brides: either by being sewn into her gown or worn as bridal jewelry. Historically they were worn by royalty in the same fashion, as well as in their crowns.
- Pearls help heal in the solar plexus chakra’s sphere of influence, e.g. stomach, immunity; and emotional stress. Pearl aids in digestion and may reduce the chance of developing ulcers. Ayurveda contains references to pearl powder as a stimulant of digestion and to treat mental ailments. If used properly, pearl is said to lessen stress and related maladies such as hypertension, headaches, and exhaustion, which in turn may help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Last but not least, pearls are spiritual transformation. Here, the metaphor is that the innocent, pure hearted, yet coarse grain of sand is transformed and slowly developed into a object of tremendous value and beauty. Pearls help us get in touch with the simple, honest things of life.
- Others have said that pearls offer a way of advancing our wisdom and receiving spiritual guidance, and realizing self-acceptance. Pearls mirror us so we can see ourselves, as well as show us how others see us.
- Pearls are a metaphor for things fine and rare. The value of the pearls in jewelry is determined by a combination of the luster, color, size, lack of surface flaw and symmetry that are appropriate for the type of pearl under consideration. Luster is the most important criteria in determining price. The essence of what pearls are about is revealed in the fact that, unlike gold or diamonds, pearls do not need to be polish to bring out their inner glow.
The Symbolic Meaning of Pearl Colors
White pearls are symbolic of pure heart & mind, innocence, and faith.
Gold and Black pearls are symbols for prosperity.
Pink pearls works especially well for the heart chakra, besides the solar plexus chakra.
Background Info On Pearls
As the oldest known gems, pearls have been considered the most valuable of gems for centuries. Actually, pearls are gems like none other. They are derived from a living creatures, mollusks, and are essentially organic matter. Because they are so old and precious, pearls are surrounded by traditions.
Pearls become tuned to the phases of the moon. Astrologically they link to the moon. Pearls are sometimes called tear drops of the moon. Other folklore tales say that pearls were born as the heart of oysters when a single rain drop fell from heaven and touched it. Others believed that pearls were formed by when angels passed through heavenly clouds.
Pearls relate to the zodiac signs of Cancer and Gemini. They are the birthstone for those born in June, but they are also useful gemstones for those born in February, April, July and November.
By Astrid Lee – © 2008 – all rights reserved