I just received the following question if Reiki can harm, which I thought to share on this blog.
“My very good friend just came back after a year in Ashram in India where she was exposed to prolific teachings of Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev. While there, she was advised to be very careful with Reiki. Gury warned that people who do the energy healing may experience terrifying deaths…
At the same time, my reiki master got seriously ill, and another Reiki practicioner died young recently. I do Reiki occasionally, mostly on my son. I am wondering what’s your take on that. Thank you.”
1. Do not worry just yet. In fact, do not worry (as per Reiki principle). Instead, investigate Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev’s remarks.
2. My beloved Reiki Master is in her 80’s, very alive, very fit, and goes to ashrams in India . In fact, she just came back from a trip to India . She LOVES Reiki, and it loves her back.
3. Reiki does NOT TAKE AWAY your healing journey (incl. death). Instead, it faciliates your healing journey. When we are ill, we should examine our chakras in the affected areas and give Reiki to it (generally: directly, as well as all over the body). When we are ready to move to the next phase of existence, ie death, Reiki can help us do so peacefully. I think there are many accounts on how Reiki helps people move on calmly. Do a google search on it.
4. I have been taught that Reiki can not harm. Which seems to be a universal view. It’s white light, so how can it harm?
5. Last but not least, I wouldn’t be surprised if actually Reiki lengthens one’s life. On a basic level, Reiki relaxes the body, removing stress. Stress seems to be a contributor to illness and death, right? Even if it wouldn’t lengthen your life (in a .’ if you’re meant to go, you’ll go’ -type of belief), than at least Reiki will have improved your quality of life. So far, it has improved my life.
That’s my view.
My own Reiki Master, Rama Seltzer says: ‘This has not been my experience so far.
And the real speaker is my Guru, Swami Muktananda, when I add: “We have the understanding that we are pure channels for the sacred energy, not the doers. If we are performing this service with a pure heart, we are serving God and in my Ashram there was a sign that read” When you are busy taking care of people, God is busy serving you” . Reiki means “soul energy” pure Universal Energy.”
My experience in India has been life transforming, deepening my experience of the Presence within and increasing the power. Look up OnenessMovement.org and see if you can connect with a Deeksah Giver (Deeksha means Grace). It’s called a Oneness Blessing. I can send you a long distance Oneness Blessing – why not Right Now !!! With All My Love, Rama.’
What’s your view? I invite your comments.