Article by Astrid Lee
Feng Shui is the ancient art of placement. It incorporates the elements: of wind/air, fire, water, wood and metal. It also considers the four directions (N, S, E, W) in building recommendations.
I found an easy, yet powerful way to improve the Feng Shui in your home, is by overlaying it with what is called a 'bagua' (Feng Shui map). The Bagua indicates what each area in your home (or office) represents, and how best to decorate it.
Each area has its own element and direction, and favorable color and decorative accessories. See the Bagua on the right here.
How to use it:
1. Draw your home to scale.
2. Divide each side into 3 equal portions, and draw lines over your home layout to create 9 'parts'.
3. The easiest way to use the bagua is to align your front door with the bottom of the map show here. Or, use a compass and note the directions indicated.
4. Read the details in the bagua and compare it with your home's actual situation.
5. Adjust your home to suit the bagua. Note missing corners and 'claim' their energy by hanging windchimnes or geraniums (or similar) outside.
6. Try it for yourself. You can easily identify what little or big changes you need to create a happier home.
7. Tip: have little time? Just declutter the area of your life you want to improve upon.
Expect the changes in your life to manifest!
My two favorite and highly recommended Feng Shui Books are:
This book explains the bagua very well and has details on what decor to bring in.
Very useful book that I've lend out to many friend over the years.
My sister in law states that this book changed her life! Need I say more?
Click here for great Feng Shui Artices on my blog.
Feng shui consultations Alan Stirling feng shui master consultant
Feng Shui Consultation for home or office with feng shui master consultant Alan Stirling, the feng shui consultants consultant, with over 20 years experience we get great results for our clients
These web site links are listed as a convenience to our visitors. If you use these links, we take no responsibility and give no guarantees, warranties or representations, implied or otherwise, for the content or accuracy of these third-party sites.