Technique | Alternative
Health | Aromatherapy
| Feng Shui
Products | Kundalini
| Life Path
| Past Lives
Healing | Retreats
Geometry | Self
Improvement | Shamanism
| Spa | Spiritual
loss - diets and plans | Weight
Loss - Practical | Weight
Loss - supplements | Women
Health | Yoga
"Shamanism refers to a range of traditional beliefs and practices concerned with communication with the spirit world, mostly animal spirits.
There are many variations in shamanism throughout the world, though there are some beliefs that are shared by all forms of shamanism:
- The spirits can play important roles in human beings.
- The shamans are to control and cooperate with the spirits for the community's benefit.
- The spirits can be either good or bad.
- Shamans get into a trance by singing, dancing, entheogens and drumming.
- The songs and dances describe the spirit's journey or the shaman's own personal journey to the other world.
- Many shamans imitate many animals and bird spirits. This happens when the shaman's spirit leaves the body and enters into the supernatural world.
- The shamans can treat illnesses or sickness. The main purpose of shamanism is to understand nature and heal the sick.
- The most important object is the drum. It symbolizes many things to a shaman.
Sometimes drums are decorated with rattles, bells or bones to represent different spirits and animals, depending on the region and the community. "
These web site links are listed as a convenience to our visitors. If you use these links, we take no responsibility and give no guarantees, warranties or representations, implied or otherwise, for the content or accuracy of these third-party sites.